Thursday, August 28, 2008
It is once again time for Vintage Thingies Thursday hosted by the Apron Queen.
This picture is of me I believe on my first birthday. I received this lovable, fluffy white teddy bear.
(I had to take a picture of the picture because it started to rip when I tried to take it out)
This bear will be 39yrs. old this year. He is not near as fluffy, he may be missing most of his tongue and fur, and he may be a little misshaped but I still love him. His ears have bells in them and they still jingle. This is one thing I own that I just may tackle my own kids if I found them with it. They pretty much know he is off limits to them.
I have never named him even though he has been a big part of my life.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
These are mine. I have beautiful raspberry shirts on order that match my pants. This is my required wear for the next year. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about what I am going to put on for that day.
This is as long as my fingernails are allowed to be with clear polish only. This really bums me. Never realized how much I liked my nails until I had to cut them all off.
And these are the three different bags I tote around because there isn't a bag big enough for all the shit I need.
I went to the doctor yesterday and got my physical for class.
They said shots, I was all for it. I was expecting a Royal Butt.
Instead I got 4 of these (and have to go back within the next three weeks for 3 or 4 more). In the process I said a few choice words. My arms are killing me.
Also I got my three month supply of Zyban. This is my smoking deterrent. I have to say I am a little worried about taking it, I no longer like to take anything more than asprin. I looked it up this morning in my, now handy, nurses drug handbook.
The side effects scare the shit out of me.
I am still going to take it. I am going to start Friday. I'll keep you posted.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
These are some ta-ta's!! I showed this picture to Cookie and he asked me not to share anything more with him. How does she carry those things around?
For Heavens Sake Ladies put on some shorts. Now that is alot of Gluteus Maximus. And Cookie thought my GM muscles were big!!
And lastly, I am all for Patriotism, but this is not enough.
Although this is all good blogging material it is not something I want to subject my children to at the beach.
Now off to school tomorrow to see if I can actually learn something useful.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Late one night I was watching TLC and a story came on about a man that has root like structure growing from his skin. He lives in a village in Indonesia. This story totally freaked me out.
They protrude from his hands and feet. I know this may be unsettling but I couldn't help but to inform ya'll of this condition. I watched this and couldn't decide if I wanted to cringe or cry.
There is an American doctor that is trying to help this man.
Click here if you want to read more about this story. I think it is also going to air on the 26th on TLC. Not sure if it is the same one or a follow up.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I was tagged by The Keeper to do this and seeing how I am such a wonderful friend I decided to play along.
7 things I plan to do before I die
- Play with and spoil my grandbabies
- Quit Smoking
- Visit Italy or Greece
- Read the Bible through
- Have my own Harley
- Live somewhere it doesn't snow
- Lose weight without losing the boobs too
7 things I can do
- I can bend my thumb back to touch the back of my wrist
- Make people laugh (usually at my expense)
- Ride a motorcycle
- Read a good book in a day
- Eat, Eat and Eat (I love food)
- Mix a mean cocktail
- A cartwheel (I have lost the ability to do a back handspring)
7 things I cannot do
- Bring myself to believe that my house needs cleaned on a daily basis
- Run a good distance (due to smoking)
- Tolerate stupidity
- Get along with Cookie's sister
- Wait patiently
- Drink Vodka
- Have more children
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex
- Laid back (like me)
- Beer belly (hehe)
- Willingness to be spontaneous
7 things I say most often
- I love you more than most
- Really? Are you kidding me? (this is when I cannot believe that someone would expect me to believe what they are saying to me)
- Son of a Bitch
- Let's go get mommy a pop
- Urgh!!! (when I see all the laundry needing to be done or any cleaning really)
- Stop or Quit!!
7 celebrity crushes
- John Travolta
- Will Smith
- Justin Timberlake
- Matthew McConaughey
- Sam Elliot
- Brett Favre (although I am a Colts fan)
- Toby Keith
And anyone else that would like to participate
My new crush kicked some Brazilian butt last night and took the Gold!!!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
I have been busy doing my Quarterly house cleaning. Trying to catch up on things I have let slide during summer classes because if you know me at all, you know this will not be done again until around Christmas. Hehe. Wait listen for it....did you all hear mom groan? She is rolling her eyes too.
I also found out yesterday, after it was too late to do anything about it, that I did not get the memo for my clinical's this fall. I apparently need to go get scrubs, white tennis shoes, have a physical and get my immunization records along with another 3 or 4 new shots. I freaking hate getting shots so now I am not only crushed for time but I have to get fucking shots!!!!
I called my docor this morning and asked for my immunization records. No go - When they called me back they informed me they were no where to be found. GREAT.. so I called the offices where my pediatrician used to be before retirement, first off the lady says we do not have those from that LONG AGO, I said thank you. I knew records only had to be kept for ten years but I thought maybe since my Doctors now are affiliated with this conglomerate there just may have been a chance but NOPE. Finally I call my high school and explain that yes, it has been over 20 years since I have been there but is there a chance they would still have these records? The nurse took my name and # and said she would get back to me...like okay. To my joy, within 15 minutes she called me and said I could pick them up at the office. I love my alamarter a whole lot better today than I did back then. Anyway, this saved me from having to get an additional set of 3 shots.
On a good note, I am not working for the elementary school everyday this year. They couldn't work it around my class schedule. Damn the luck:). Can you tell how upset this has made me? I am going to fill in where needed if it works into my schedule. See Cookie, I am employed!!! If this isn't enough I will just have to work alittle more around here on him, he'll forget all about it.
Enough for now.
Monday, August 18, 2008
This is Philip Dalhausser.
He is on the Men's Beach Vollyball team and boy is he YUMMY!!! I love watching him and his teammate Rogers.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Man if these things weren't the best!! I am just wondering who came up with these. PARENTS: If you cannot afford or are tired of buying the real thing look no further, we have the answer,
This is my all time favorite outfit. Whenever we played I had to have it and would NOT share. I can be selfish that way.
These are especially for Sista #1 @ Holy Crappers - The Partridge Family!!! These are the only three I could find tho.
I was going to try to set them all out but there are all the dolls and well over 100 outfits. And dressing them, out of the question. Hey, remember I do as little work as possible:) Anyway, nowadays I would rather look at a set of abs like Kens than pick out clothing for him. Hehe!
Click if you would like to participate in Vintage Thingies Thursday hosted by the Apron Queen.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
I remember one time when I was out in the back yard and I think the phone rang. Mom told me to stay there while she ran in. Well, I of course had other plans being left out in the great beyond by myself. You see I just loved my great grandma and grandpa and I loved to visit with them. They didn't live too far, maybe about 6 or 7 blocks away.
All I had to do was open the gate and I would be in the alley. Task one: Accomplished. This would cut a half block out of my journey. I proceeded down the alley and turned left onto the sidewalk of St. I made it to the crosswalk and onto the next block. I think I made my way past a couple houses I am not quite sure how many, before I was in front of my great, great-aunts house. She stopped me and offered me some cookies. Of course my answer was yes. The next thing I recall was eating my cookies with my mom frantically coming to get me...hehe. Oh how I thrived to be left alone in the back yard again.
A: Our house
B: Great Gramma & Grampa
Somewhere in the circle is where I ended up
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
I took my last final on Wednesday for my summer classes and am now on a small break.
I have decided to do some reading. I went and got myself three books. I read, Where Are You Now, by Mary Higgins-Clark all day yesterday so I didn't really do anything. When I start reading I usually don't put a book down until it's finished.
I just want a rock. For some reason when Peepers and I go out and about she has taken on embarrassing me. If there is a person within five ft. of us she will tell them, 'Go Away Person.' and some other favorites:
* I don't like that person, I love you.
* You not brush your hair? (to check-out lady)
* And everybody (no matter the age) if they have a belly, they have a baby in there.
On a side note - -Lynn, over at After the Dust Settles is giving away this cute little handmade piggy bank. Go on over and see how you can win this little porker.
Have you seen her?
Or this in your comments?
This is our friend the Keeper. She has been missing from the blogging world for awhile now. If anyone has seen her please tell her we have been missing her witty comments and banter. She acts as if she is too busy to grace us with her presence but she could at least say 'hi' to some of us before I send out the troops to find her.
Some highlights of the wedding were:
The Margarita Machine
and the Photo Booth
For the kids, which I didn't get a picture, was the candy table. This table featured about twenty different types of candy in which the kids filled up small bags with. Yea, my kids were hyped up on sugar before dinner. That's okay cuz mom was buzzed on margaritas & wine and beer was flowing excessively for dad.
Which led to dancing. This featured the Electric Slide, the Hokey Pokey and YMCA. Oh yea, the sound of the 80's music was flowing. Something came over Cookie and Peepers, they became the dancers. The only time they left that floor in a three hour period was to slam beer and lemonade as fast as possible because the floor was a callin' them.
Fun was had by all and after the newlyweds left, I had to get them out of there before they had a chance to get back on that floor. I grabbed a bottle of wine from the table and headed to the car. ( Yes, by this point the margaritas had worn off so I was able to drive)
Peepers was getting some air
This is Cookies other daughter
Monday, August 4, 2008
Tami from Neurotically Yours tagged me because she thought I would do this. Well I cannot let her down so here goes.
* Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
* Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I am doing this but I am not tagging anyone. If you want to do this then please feel free to and let me know you did it so I can enjoy reading the facts you list about yourself.
1. I hate feet!!! I know we need them and I am thankful I have mine. The thought of someone even brushing a part of their foot upon me sends me into a frenzy. Although at this time I can handle Peepers feet. Give it a few more years and that will not be the case. Once you hit the age of about 8 yrs. just keep your feet away from me!!!
2. I hate to fold laundry. We have a love seat we cannot sit on because it is full of clean clothes. Thank goodness we have another couch. I keep up on it until
3. In all reality I am a quite person. I usually take a back seat to listen and observe people. But...just add alcohol and that all changes.
4. I hated the Keeper when we first met. Actually I didn't hate her because I didn't know her but I was quite the BITCH. She was dating my neighbor and friend and I was doing everything I could to piss her off. We somehow became good friends. In the divorces sides were taken and apparently he doesn't care for me anymore because of the side I chose to take. Oh well, she is now one of my best friends and so worth the loss of him. And our stories make good material.
5. I have a fear of heights and spiders. Enough said about this!!
6. I don't like it when people show up unexpectedly. No, I am not talking about you and the Rock!!
7. We have a bat that lives in our garage and it loves to toy with me. Since we do not smoke in the house it is either outside or in the garage. This damn thing will wait until I am seated and in the process of throwing some idea around in my head, when he pops out of nowhere to bestow me with his presence. Now I am not a fast mover but when he shows up I move at lighting speed.
Friday, August 1, 2008
In the spirit of the step-bro's wedding tomorrow I decided to post this picture.
This is a picture I found of the Keeper and Me at her first wedding. I was going to save it so I could really make fun of us but I figure I'll let you all do that for us. Haha!!!
Wow, it has been a LONG time since I have seen my normal hair color. And why am I always talking through my teeth when I get a picture taken?
Something I have say, 'Eat your heart out BHE'...LOL!!!