Monday, January 26, 2009

Big Hair and The Crue

I recently reunited with a friend from high school through Facebook. I was scrolling through some of my pictures that I have managed to scan onto the computer and there we were. I started laughing, looking at us.

I believe the year was 1985, I was 16 and we were in Indy at our 1st concert

MOTLEY CRUE - Theatre of Pain Tour. Oh, how I worshiped them, I loved them.
The drawback to going to your first concert is over protective parents. We had to have a chaperon and guess who that ended up being...what, give up? It.was.MY.MOM!!!! So much for that party. Oh well, we were pretty much able to stay in a haze anyway thanks to our fellow seatmates.... Hehehe. Sneaky weren't we?
I continued to go to every concert they performed in Indy until I was about 20yrs old and I attended one two weeks after Peepers was born (only alcohol was involved this time). That was when I felt old, although I was still able to sing and rock right along with them and I no longer looked like this..Haha

That's the young version of me in the middle. I guess I shouldn't have been so fast to comment on Cool Breeze's shades but on the brighter side are you envious BHE? Bwhahaha!!! And yes, we were smoker's then too. (I reunited with the one in the red on Facebook)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys look so cute. I'm trying to figure out your earrings. Are they two different ones or just look that way.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Too funny! Big hair for sure =)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Sorry~post happy this morning!

Unknown said...

LMAO.....That was an EXPERIENCE!
PRICELESS!!!

Unknown said...

AND WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT...
A HAZE????
And yes to Grandma J...there were 2 different earrings...although...I can't remember if it was the Cyndi Lauper LOOK or the MADONNA Look...I think it was MADONNA!

mom x 2 said...

bwahhahahaah!! I bet BHE is just oozing with jealousy! I loved Motley Crue! You girls were HAWT!

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Oh how I LOVE the 80's hair. I pull out my HS senior photos and just giggle like crazy!!!

Snooty Primadona said...

Good Gawd! The fashions of the eighties were the worst! I was in my 30's then & looked much the same. Big Hair. And we always wore legwarmers, lol.

I Am Woody said...

OMG - the things we do in the name of fashion!!

Cool Breeze said...

Ya'll were definitely hot! No, really. I mean like I can't stop looking at it.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I am SO jealous!!! There wasn't enough AquaNet on the planet to get my hair THAT big!!!

Motley Crue ROCKED!!!!

Keeper Of All Things said...

Can anyone say Breakfast Club?!!!!

Dr Zibbs said...

Great picture!

(Found your blog through Holy Crappers)