Saturday, January 10, 2009

Out of Shape

Since the beginning of the year I have been eating more sensibly (forget that second helping) and have completely given up my evening reese's or donuts.
So today was my first work-out in YEARS. I started off, I have to watch it first to see what is required of me. Okay this doesn't seem bad at all, so I go and find my weight. I get myself all situated and begin:). I begin doing my warm ups (along with Peepers, who claims, she can do this everyday), hey, this isn't too bad. Fast forward oh about a whole 4 mins.: damn, I am getting tired and I am hot!! I stuck it out tho and finished my whole 9 minutes. Now onto my buttock and thigh work-out, by this time I am sweating and panting but dammit I am doing this! I managed to make it through the 91/2 minutes of this torture. I now feel like rubber and my body is shaking but I did it and I plan on doing it again tomorrow.

I still haven't done the cardio part of this work-out. This is where the procrastinator in me comes out. hehe..I have negotiated with myself that I will continue to do the before mentioned work-outs for the next week or two until I build some resemblance of strength and then add in the cardio.
This torture had better work on some level because I do not want to be one of those people that has a black band over their eyes, in my suit, at the beach, posted on someones blog with the big: OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!! or What not to wear when you look like this...haha.

5 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

Believe me, I know! But, I think it's good to start out slow. Every time I get all ready to get in shape, I wind up hurting myself & then exercise gets put on the back burner until I heal. By then, I'm never as enthusiastic about getting back into it. What I really need is a personal trainer to come & kick my butt out of bed 5 days a week and physically force me out of the house to workout, lol.

Unknown said...

Four minutes is my max! I have to lose a ton of weight, so the diet is more important right now, I will pick up the pace on the exercise slowly....very slowly!

I Am Woody said...

I hear ya, sistah! I get on that elliptical machine and feel like I am going to DIE!!!

Vol Fan and I have been going to the gym regularly for 2 months, minimum 3 days a week. I have only lost 2 pounds!! Sucks!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Hang in there baby~you will be glad you did!

Big Hair Envy said...

I've been going to the gym, but I think a Wii Fit would be SO much more fun!!!!

I'm actually trying to build up a little endurance so I can start taking classes again - THAT'S when the REAL pain begins!