Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Two for One

The boyfriend shall now be referred to as 'Cookie'. This is because I am tired of typing the boyfriend and he is the cook of this household. Now mind you this is probably not the name he would choose for himself seeing how everyone of his friends call him DOG and that is what he recently had tattooed on his arm but since he has not a clue that I have my own blog he won't know that he has been given a cutsie name. LOL...oh the horror of not sounding COOL.


This is Cookie. He would cringe at the thought of his picture being posted. Look at the talent tho. He loves to grill because not only can he have his beer (which is a necessity when cooking) but he can have a smoke too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess this shows my age.
I opened a shirt I had bought from e-bay and was looking at it. This is the conversation I had with the Diva.
Diva: What's that?
Me: A shirt.
Diva: What does it say
Me: You won't want it
Diva: What does it say
Me: (turning it toward her) It says BLONDIE and Debbie Harry (it also has a picture of her)
Diva: Who the heck is that
Me: She is a singer of some awesome music
Diva: I have never heard of her, is she still around, do people still listen to her?
Me: Well yes, I do
Diva: You're old tho
I guess I am going to have to duct tape her to a chair and make her listen to The Tide is High, Call Me, Heart of Glass, and Rapture and whatever other song I choose for calling me old. This child has no clue.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

HA!! LOL!! I need to say no more!

Caution/Lisa said...

I know who Blondie is! There are some benefits to being older.

Smart move to not allow Cookie onto your blog. wish I had never told my husband about mine.

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

Cookie.. good one ..
My children are just the opposite they love all the "oldies" and my grands are learning too.. My grands can sing almost every CCR song by heart :o)

Big Hair Envy said...

....humming "Heart of Glass"!!!

I think it's GREAT that we are all going to be calling your BF "Cookie", when he thinks he's a "Dog"!!!

I Am Woody said...

I used to have the greatest Blondie t-shirt. It was from a concert in London - a friend bought it for me. I loved it - it finally died sometime in the 90s.

Sue Wilkey said...

don't forget Hangin' on the Telephone and Dreaming. Debbie H. rocks.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I'm old, too. But my kids probably know some of her songs because I listen to a lot of old stuff mixed in with my new stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Nice blog by the way.

Snooty Primadona said...

Oh Yeah. That ought to teach her, lol. Great material though, aren't they?

I was a Blondie fan too.

Anonymous said...

Oh No! I love me some Blondie and I don't feel old! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Keeper Of All Things said...

OK....Cookie?!!! Why not Fluffy?....and you know I can't keep a secret!!!!
I'll try
My kids can sing Rappers Delight and Annie Lennox and even a Bill Withers song....Its funny to watch peoples faces when my gang gets to singing!!!

mom x 2 said...

I love Blondie! Call Me was my fav! And I love the nickname "Cookie" !

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)